When you visit an Acumen website, the website automatically collects and stores the following information about your visit:
- Domain from which you’ve accessed the Internet;
- IP address of your connecting device;
- Operating system on your computer;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Pages you visited;
- Navigation patterns of your visit;
- Screen resolution;
- Browser type and version; and
- Use of specific features within each website (e.g., saved items to your account and profiles added to your workspace).
We use this information as part of our ongoing efforts to continuously improve our websites’ operations, content, and efficiency, including measuring our websites’ performance and troubleshooting errors or inefficiencies. We will never use this information for commercial marketing purposes or sell this information to another party.
To support better navigation and use of dynamic features, Acumen servers generate a piece of text, known as a “cookie,” on your computer. This cookie stores specific information about your visit to the website and does not contain any personally identifiable information. Once you close your browser, your browser will automatically remove the cookie from your computer.
If you do not want cookies stored on your computer, you may disable cookies from your web browser settings. To do so, consult your web browser’s guidelines for disabling cookies. Note that if you opt out of using cookies, you will still be able to access our website but will not be able to use our website’s dynamic features fully.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Policy
We will never automatically collect your PII (e.g., name, email address, physical address, and other unique identifiers) without your consent. If we need to collect your PII, we will always specify the purpose for the collection at, or prior to, the time of collection.
We will never disclose, make available, or otherwise use your PII for any purpose other than the purpose specified at the time of collection, except if we have:
- obtained your consent to use it for another purpose;
- to comply with or respond to a law enforcement request or a legal proceeding; or
- received a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
Security Measures in Place
Security measures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or alteration of any information under our control. These measures could include the following:
- Restricting access to confidential or sensitive information to authorized individuals;
- Encrypting your data while in transit according to government standards; and
- Reviewing our information gathering, storage, and processing policies, including physical security measures, to ensure they continue to comply with government standards.
So that this site remains accurate and available to you and all other visitors, we monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload and/or change information on, or otherwise cause damage to, our website. Use of this website constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this website are strictly prohibited.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may link to other U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), government, or private organization sites. Once you leave this Acumen website, you are subject to the privacy policies of the sites you visit.